The only one food item which we can eat without thinking of any skin problem, weight problem, or health problem is the green leafy vegetables. The greens (green leafy vegetables) are so good for our body that we can eat them in any season and in any amount we want. Greens include green vegetables such as broccoli, parsley, lettuce, spinach, etc. They help our body to get vitamins, minerals and fibre. Having a meal which includes green leafy vegetables can help our body in many ways. Let’s consider some benefits of greens in our daily diet.
1. Fights belly bloat:
One of the most common fads with people now a days is wanting a flat belly. To get a flat belly, we spend tons of money on gyms, costly machineries and even more dangerous operations to remove the fat from belly. But the solution to this lies in the green leafy vegetables!
We can include green leafy vegetables in our daily diet in many ways, one of our favourites is BROCCOLI PASTA.
Broccoli is an eatable plant from the cabbage family whose big flowering heads and stalks can be eaten. It is low in calories but also contains a wealth of nutrients and antioxidants that supports many aspects of the human health.
Some of the benefits of broccoli are:-
· 150 grams pasta (wheat pasta preferred)
· 2 cups broccoli
· 1 and half clove garlic
· Green chilli (optional)
· Salt as per taste
· 2 and half tbsp olive oil
· Half cup mint
· Half cup coriander leaves
· 4 to 5 tbsp peanuts
· 1 to 2 tbsp lemon juice (optional)
1. Cook the pasta in water, adding some salt (as per taste).
2. Take a pan and roast peanuts in a little oil until golden and then keep it aside to cool.
3. In the same pan, sauté broccoli for 3 minutes. (Don’t cook broccoli more than 3 to 4 mins.)
4. Sprinkle some salt and keep it aside.
5. Transfer peanuts, broccoli, chilli, salt, garlic, oil, mint and coriander leaves into the pan.
6. Cook all the ingredients until it forms a coarse pesto.
7. Squeeze lemon juice and add more salt, if needed. Store the pesto in an airtight jar (You can use it uptil 3 weeks.)
8. Now mix the pesto with the cooked pasta, garnish it with some broccoli and drizzle some oil.
9. Serve and enjoy.
2. Protects our skin health:
The green leafy vegetables have all the vitamins, minerals and fibre, that can make our skin glow. Carotene, a plant pigment that is normally associated with carrots and other vegetables, is also present in leafy vegetables (greens). It can give our skin a beautiful glow and also works as a sunscreen, which protects our skin from the harmful UV rays.
Coriander (a form of which is parsley) is the most common green leafy herb which is available in almost all our houses. We can also get this very easily from the market or from online stores like getfarmfresh.co.in which delivers fresh greens and fruits directly from the farm.
The coriander is very healthy for our body. It helps to
We can include the coriander in our daily diet by making CORIANDER CHUTNEY.
· 2 bowl coriander leaves
· 3 onion roughly chopped
· 3 tomato roughly chopped
· 4-5 green chilli
· 5 cloves of garlic
· Salt to taste
· Chaat masala to taste
· Red chilli powder to taste
· 1/2 tbsp coriander powder
1. Take a jar, add all the ingredients and grind it.
2. Take a serving bowl and enjoy it with any type of food.
By this way, in most easy two steps you can include greens in your diet.
3. Reduces the risk of memory loss and depression:
Depression, the most common disease found in people now a days. The risk of depression can be reduced through consuming greens in your daily diet. Folate (Vitamin B9) is a very important vitamin for the human body. Greens (green vegetables) are the sources of folates, which can reduce the risk of memory loss and depression, and also some cardiovascular diseases like high blood pressure and cardiac arrest.
4. Ensures strong teeth and bones:
Calcium is the basic necessity of human body on which our bones function. Calcium deficiency may lead to numbness of fingers and toes, muscle cramps, loss of appetite and abnormal heart rhythm.
Green leafy vegetables like chard, broccoli, sprouts etc. are rich in calcium.
5. Improves metabolism:
As all the green leafy vegetables are high in minerals and fibre, it keeps the production of red blood cells going in our body at a healthy rate. The iron present in the greens, also helps the human body to improve the immune system. Green leafy vegetables like sprouts, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower etc have high water and fibre content, a combination which increases your body’s ability to burn fat.
6. Keeps you hydrated:
As we all know that green vegetables contain a lot of water, which means regular intake of them helps to keep us hydrated maintaining healthy hair and gut. We can also have liquid of the greens like SPINACH JUICE.
The most loved green leafy vegetable is spinach or palak. Generally it is used in making palak paneer or palak pulav and many more dishes of palak. But check our garden blend juice recipe to see another version of spinach which is very healthy for our body.
7. Keeps you full for long time:
All the greens are very high on fibre, as a result they are the perfect solution to our empty stomach. As more we consume, the less we will reach to all the junk foods in our stomach.
It is said, never to skip the morning breakfast. So to have some healthy green leafy recipe which keeps us full for long time is:
It is very healthy and fresh start to the day by having a broccoli wrap and they are also freezer friendly, which means you can store it inside freezer and can have it later.
· 1 large chopped tomato
· 2 chopped onions
· 2 whole wheat tortillas/ rotis
· Broccoli (roughly chopped)
· Cheese (optional)
1. Apply butter on the tortilla/ roti.
2. Arrange all the chopped vegies on the tortilla/ roti.
3. Also arrange roughly chopped broccoli on the veggies.
4. Grate cheese on the top of all arranged veggies.
5. Roll the tortilla and secure it like a wrap.
6. Enjoy it with the cup of coffee or soup.
If we eat a healthy breakfast like this, our tummy will be full all day long!
Hope you enjoyed reading about the benefits of greens in our diet. If you are in Vadodara, order your farm fresh green from getfarmfresh.co.in.